Sunday, May 15, 2016

Regrets...of these, I have a few...

As I look around at an "almost" empty home (my boys are now 18 and 23), there are few things missing, but one that stands out sharply in my mind: photographs of my sons. As a photographer, I have favorite landscapes on my walls;  images of vintage cars and trucks, huge florals, and "house themed" western-styled "placed by decorator" art. I have artistic imagery of strangers - shot in Chicago, NYC, and SLC.   But what I am sorely lacking in are photos of my boys: photos of them at all of life's different stages of growing together.  Sure, I took plenty of "snapshots" - at ball games and ski races, at parties and "just because".  But I have few real "photographs", and what I am painfully aware of, and cannot go back and time to do over, is the fact that I have very few professional images of my boys together.

I have an image of my older boy hugging his newborn baby brother; a sepia image of the two of them dressed up in "old time" baseball outfits, taken by another photographer.  I have a framed photo of them as young boys, calmly sitting together on a bough of a tree; and a photo (somewhere) of my "three" boys, all sitting shirtless on a rock.  And, my newest image, of my "grown" boys, standing together as friends. These, I treasure.

Here is what I've learned: of all the images I have taken, those that are my most treasured are not stored in my computer, or burned upon a disc.  They are not the hurriedly nabbed snapshots, the images with their faces obscured by helmets, stored on social media sites, cell phones, and old hard-drives.  They are the ones that I have printed, framed, and placed upon my walls. They are the ones that cause met to smile daily.

Take the time to have professional photographic images taken and framed.  Time is fleeting. Kids won't be kids forever.

Call me. Let's photograph your kids now.

www.parkcityphotographers.com









No comments: